Thursday, November 11, 2010

ESPN 30 for 30

To commemorate their 30th anniversary, ESPN decided to create a series of documentaries where outside filmmakers would each do a story from that time-frame. Now, I haven't seen every one that's been aired yet, but I can say that the ones I have been able to check out are engrossing programs that pull you in from the very beginning.

I can't say enough as to how thought-provoking and well-made these films are...just do yourself a favor and start watching this outstanding series - it doesn't matter what sports you're into, and there's no order in which to view them.

After only seeing the first 10 minutes of 'The Two Escobars' I was hooked! 'A Night in Vegas' and 'Once Brothers' (the incredible story of the friendship between Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic that deteriorated after Yugoslavia split and a war between Serbia and Croatia broke out) followed and I'm now looking forward to 'The Best That Never Was', which features the quick rise and even quicker fall of star RB Marcus Dupree.

No comments:

Post a Comment