Wednesday, June 29, 2011

American: The Bill Hicks Story Official Trailer

I have been anxiously waiting to see the Bill Hicks documentary feature for quite some time now.  It has been out in the UK (where he was immensely popular) since last year and now it is finally available in the US.

From what I've gathered from various reviews, this will be immensely satisfying to the legions of long-time Hicks fans as well as the younger generation who may have been recently turned on by his timeless comedy.  It could be described as a combination of his performances and a biography.  The best of... bits, his greatest rants and tirades about hypocrisy he made so famous will no doubt be included, as well as a host of extras that I'm looking forward to experiencing.

But the filmmakers clearly also wanted to explore the man behind the mic, what made him think the way he did, his relationships with his close friends and family, and even the tragic last months before he succumbed to pancreatic cancer in 1994.  It seems a fitting tribute to the comedian's comedian, a thinker and a legend whose life was far too short.

So, until I do get to actually sit down and take in American: The Bill Hicks Story and all of its content, here is the official trailer...

"I'm gonna share with you a vision that I had, cause I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment